the uncertainity within;

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints.
We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less.
We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time.
We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.
We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
We’ve learned how to make a living, but not a life. We’ve added years to life not life to years. We’ve been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.

We conquered outer space but not inner space. We’ve done larger things, but not better things.
We’ve cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.

We’ve conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.
We write more, but learn less.
We plan more, but accomplish less.
We’ve learned to rush, but not to wait.
We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.
These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.

These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes.
These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill.
It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom.
A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete…
Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.
Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.
Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because t hat is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn’t cost a cent.
Remember, to say, ‘I love you’ to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.
Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.
Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away…

-taken from desmond koh's blog

Found the above very meaningful.
I'm going to hug more and kiss more (eh, maybe? haha) to show my love.=)
And below is what I wrote.
Seriously, the list goes on and on, but I think I have wrote enough. =)

It's weird how people always expect love when they don't love enough.
How they want respect but are not respecting others.
How they want more trust when they are not doing anything to gain it.
How they always complain but never do anything to start making changes.
How they always think that others are at fault and do not take a moment to see if they are in the wrong.
How they take things for granted and regret when it's gone.
How they could blabber on others' secrets and expect people to keep theirs.
How they could lie blantly and always expect truth from others.
How they are constantly wanting more when they perpentually giving less.

~

A simple thanks will do.
What is so freaking hard about saying a simple word of thanks or showing a mere simple gesture of appreciation?
After covering your ass and not saying omg-ly so much truth, its the least that I should be getting.
Where is god damn fucking appreciation?
You don't even appreciate what others are doing for you.
You would just love to live that small little pretty world of yours with all you friends and your bf, won't you?

I thought we were friends, good friends at that (or at least used to be).
It's almost a month away and I'm informing you now, so you could make arrangements and all.
And you actually said it depends on whether you have tennis lessons.
Seriously, is any tennis lessons conducted at night?
How much does a tennis lesson cost? Max $200 per session maybe ( I have no whatsoever concept towads tennis)?
From what you are doing, you telling me that tennis is more important than me, like thanks.
Absolutely thanks, I'm not even worth 200 bucks?
I feel so freaking upset and hurt.
Once again, thanks babe, YOU really really "made my day".

I really Really REALLY feel like running away and hide to somewhere whereby no one else can find me.
Where I can be all alone and live in my small (yes, very very small) pretty little world.
Where are you when I need you now?
A shoulder, pls, thank you.
Forget it, guess I don't need it from you, you this liar and player.
Crap, I feel so fuck up about my life right now.
Off.

metamorphosis;

doodle straight into my heart 9:25 PM

-femme

melissa =)
22nd sept


-loves

darlings
him <3
kate spade
burberry
purple & colours
dancing
heels
shopping
checks and podka dots

-hates

creepy crawlies

-desires

travel around the world
have my own fashion line
dancing lessons
shop till i drop
moolah to drop from the sky and straight into my wallet =D

-converse





-exits

charlene
cheng de
jason
liyi
kaiyi
zi ting
xinyi

-credits

designer- joy.deprived

images&brushes - deviantart

artists
- FaerieNymph, kedralynn (deviantart)

brushes - exotika, sunira, cruiza, elizavet (deviantart)

fonts - dafont

software
- Adobe Photoshop 7.0 & Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.0

*please keep the credits as they are =) thankyou.